Internship opportunities at OPFT are designed to provide an educational, inspirational & career-broadening experience for post high school & undergraduate college students in a variety of aspects of theater arts. The scope of the duties and projects are diverse in nature, but every effort is made to provide an intern experience based on the educational desires of individual Intern Program participants. Intern candidate to the program should be highly driven, enthusiastic and resourceful.
OPFT Interns work with Chicago area theater professionals. Your intern experience should allow you to connect your art and college experiences to work being done by theater professionals in a creative and supportive atmosphere. .
- Broaden your understanding of professional theater in the Chicago area. Interning with OPFT allows you to begin to build a professional theater network. These connections may lead to future jobs in the industry and invaluable professional contacts within the theater community.
Intern Tracks & Required Duties:
Acting and Tech Internships (Summer Season)
- All interns are required to assist with tech duties:
- Assist with set build & strike on both summer shows.
- Required to assist with crew duties when not on stage.
- Assist with stage prep & strike before and after all performances
- Acting interns will have the opportunity to audition for the directors of the summer season.
- Acting interns may have the opportunity to understudy roles in at least one of the summer productions, with the added potential of smaller roles in one or both summer shows. Mandatory attendance to all understudy rehearsals.
Arts Administration Internship (Seasonal)
- Work directly with managing director assisting in the day-to-day administrative duties of the company.
- Assist with data entry, website updates, and production calendar maintenance.
Casting Internship (Seasonal)
- Work directly with casting director assisting in the seasonal administrative duties of OPFT.
- Attend performances
- Data entry
- Assist in auditions & casting
INTERNS ADDITIONALLY RECEIVE:
- Four (4) complimentary tickets to all OPFT summer season productions, and two (2) tickets to all OPFT summer season opening night performances.
- The opportunity to take advantage of our First Folio Theatre ticket summer season exchange program.
- College credit as arranged with your individual college or university.
- Opportunity to take advantage of professional development courses:
- Actor audition clinics/classes
- Headshot &Resume development
- Individual Monologue tutorials
- Stage Combat Workshop
- Opportunity to take part in the intern showcase
Complete and submit the application, including your personal statement, & resume to OPFT Artistic Director Jack Hickey, email@example.com, with “INTERN APP 2016″ in the subject line.
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://oakparkfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/OPFT-INTERNSHIP-APP-2016-2.pdf” size=”large” icon_type=”general foundicon-down-arrow” icon_position=”right” shape=”radius” target=”_blank”]DOWNLOAD THE 2016 INTERNSHIP APPLICATION PDF[/otw_shortcode_button]
[otw_shortcode_button href=”http://oakparkfestival.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/OPFT-INTERNSHIP-APP-2016-2.docx” size=”large” icon_type=”general foundicon-down-arrow” icon_position=”right” shape=”radius” target=”_blank”]DOWNLOAD THE 2016 INTERNSHIP APPLICATION WORD FORMAT[/otw_shortcode_button]
167 Forest Avenue
Oak Park IL 60301
Only 25 minutes from downtown Chicago!
1024 N BLVD
Oak Park, IL 60303
LET’S GET SOCIAL!
MAJOR DONORS AND SPONSORS
Oak Park Area Arts Council • Community Bank of Oak Park River Forest • Village of Oak Park • Park District of Oak Park • Austin Trust • Gaylord and Dorothy Donnelley Foundation • Richard H. Driehaus Foundation • Illinois Arts Council • Chicago Saints • Lois Ebinger Charitable Fund